We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God.
We believe that there is one God, creator of heaven and earth, eternally existent in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
We believe in the fall and consequent total moral depravity of humanity, resulting in our exceeding sinfulness and lost estate, and necessitating our regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the present and continuing ministry of sanctification by the Holy Spirit by whose infilling the believing Christian is cleansed and empowered for a life of holiness and service.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Daily Living Expectations
The following are fundamentals held to be essential, and the university expects faculty and staff not only to believe in them, but to practice them in daily living:
- A caring, effective love both of God and humanity
- A Christ-like unity and acceptance among believers
- A lifestyle dedicated to God’s will in society
- A growing, victorious state of mind because of the indwelling Christ
- A daily affirmation of Christ as Lord
- A willingness to serve the Lord, even when it involves sacrifice
- A desire to be sensitive to the personal work of the Holy Spirit
- A working faith in God’s promises for all needs and daily life situations
- A witness for Christ without hypocrisy
- A firm, committed desire to be God’s person