Azusa Pacific Online University (APOU) is an evangelical Christian university with a strong, clear, unswervingly worldview that permeates the university and guides its activity. The following statements and commitments act as a guiding center to provide consistency and natural coordination that demonstrates the university’s worldview as thoroughly Christian.
Statements of Purpose/Mission and Vision
Purpose/Mission: Azusa Pacific Online University exists to deliver quality and accessible Christ-centered education to learners everywhere.
Vision: Azusa Pacific Online University believes that biblical based scholarship, truth, and knowledge should be available to disciples and scholars, everywhere, who have a passion to learn and make a difference in the world.
- Exemplary — to honor God in our actions, attitudes, and aspirations.
- Caring — to serve with grace the needs of our colleagues and learners.
- Learning — to continually nurture new thinking that generates and contributes to ongoing learning opportunities for all.
- Christ Centered — We are believers who teach and serve from a Christian worldview.
- Academic Excellence — We are committed to educational excellence, manifested through regional accreditation for formal academic programs, and quality certificates for professional skills and continuing education.
- Affordability and Accessibility — We are committed to economic affordability, global delivery, and wherever feasible, open admission.
- Market Relevance — We are responsive to market demand, employer needs, and profession occupations.
- Sustainable — We are economically viable and scalable, valuing the gifts, talents, and resources of the university.
Faith and Learning
Offering an understanding of God and His creation, a Christian worldview is what sets an APOU education apart from that gained at a secular college or university. Other schools may address the whats and hows, but Azusa Pacific Online University also addresses the whys. Other students may learn where the human race has been, but APOU students will also learn where it is headed. Others may explore how life could be lived. But Azusa Pacfic Online students will consider how it should be lived. APOU will help students integrate faith and learning in meaningful ways.
How does faith and learning connect? Learn more about APOU’s commitment to faith integration and the Azusa Pacific God First motto on our blog, Inside APOU.
Commitment to Student Learning Outcomes
Azusa Pacific Online University is committed to the university-wide assessment processes. Each program has identified program-specific student learning outcomes, which are available in the catalog description of each degree program.